While we are familiar with standard air conditioners, there are other types of units that homeowners can choose from. One of these types of units is a ductless air conditioner or mini-split system. People who don’t know about ductless ACs wonder how do ductless air conditioners work. The cool thing is that a ductless air conditioning system is going to work as a traditional air conditioner, but they don’t use ducts, hence the name ductless air conditioner. The way that works is that two or three units, or however many ductless air conditioners you have in your home, connect to the unit that is located outside. Instead of the ducts carrying the cool air to several rooms, the actual ductless AC circulates the cool air in the room. If this is an air conditioner that you are interested in your home, it’s important to know what the benefits are. There are many benefits to having ductless air conditioner installation service for your home.
- Doesn’t Require Ductwork: If you live in an older home that doesn’t have air ducts or you are adding onto your home, ductless ACs are the way to go. This is because you won’t have to have ductwork installed in your home, you can just have ductless air conditioners installed instead.
- You Have Easier Control: Each room or space in your house will have a separate ductless AC; this is great because you can control the temperature of each room. If you want one room cooler than the other, you can achieve this with a ductless air conditioner.
- You Get Cooling and Heating: One of the coolest things about ductless air conditioners is that they can cool and heat your home. This is because ductless systems are also heat pumps, so you don’t have to have a furnace or boiler to heat up your home.
- Better Savings with a Ductless AC: Because of the size of ductless systems and because you can zone the temperature in your home, you are going to save a lot of money on your heating and cooling bills every month.
- Improvement of Indoor Air Quality: When you have a traditional air conditioner, you will need to have your air ducts cleaned every once in a while to remove dust, pollen, bacteria, and allergens. With a ductless AC, you don’t have to worry about that because there are no air ducts. A ductless system is able to improve indoor air quality because it doesn’t require ducts.
Another great thing about ductless air conditioners is that they come in different units like a floor mount, horizontal ductless system, and ceiling recessed ductless system. You can also choose between different controllers to manage your heat and air with a mini split air conditioner thermostat, wifi adapter, standard controls, or programmable controls. If this is something you think your home would benefit from, call a professional HVAC technician to set up an appointment.
How Long Do Ductless Air Conditioners Last?
When considering a ductless AC you will want to know how long they are going to last. Typical air conditioners can last anywhere from 12 to 18 years if they get the repairs and maintenance that is needed. Many people who want a ductless air conditioner might worry that it won’t be able to last as long as a standard AC, but the good news is that a mini-split system is able to last up to 30 years. Now you need to consider that in order to keep a ductless system working efficiently for 30 years, it needs to be properly maintained and get the necessary repairs when they call for them. If a homeowner has a ductless system and doesn’t provide the required and maintenance and repairs, it can last from 10 to 20 years.
Are Ductless Air Conditioners Energy Efficient?
We all want a system that is not only going to provide us with effective cooling, but that is going to offer us great energy efficiency. Fortunately, ductless air conditioner efficiency is some of the best. This is because a ductless air conditioner follows ENERGY STAR regulations, which means they are going to be a lot more energy efficient than most air conditioners on the market. It is estimated that air that moves through a duct system is losing 20 or 30 percent of that air because of holes, leaks, and ductwork that isn’t installed correctly. Because of this, it makes an air conditioner have to work harder than it should. Luckily, when you have a ductless AC system, you don’t have to worry about that, which is why its considered a very energy efficient system.
Another great thing about it is that it provides better indoor air quality, which also has to do with not having any ductwork. If you have a standard air conditioning system and you have a home air quality test, you will probably find that your air quality is not that great. If you want better energy efficiency and indoor air quality, you can get it with a ductless air conditioner. If you are wanting ductless air conditioners in Bonaire and Warner Robins, GA, please call Mission Critical Comfort Solutions today! Just like you wouldn’t get roof maintenance from an amateur, you wouldn’t get ductless systems installed by unlicensed professionals. To make an appointment, call our office at 478-960-5825!